European Documentation Centre (EDC) Collection
- European Union
- Major European Institutions/Servers
- European Documentation Centres World-wide
- European Union Publications
- Citizens First
Dialogue with Citizens and Business - Information on citizens' rights within the EU
- EUR-Lex: the access to European Union Law
Offer information on the European Union, provided by the Office for Official Publications of the European Communities. Highlights the "Official Journal of the European Union," treaties, legislation in force, case law, preparatory acts, and parliamentary questions.
Official portal to the European Union's institutions, policy programs, and news releases.
- European Commission
Provides information on daily news, the calendar, the policies, the President, the Commissioners and the services offered.
- Fact Sheets on the European Union
(ed. by the European Parliament, Directorate General for Research)
- Introducing the European Union
Brief summary of EU and links to information on the EU news, activities, institutions, documents, etc.
- EP News
- EU Newsletter: Office of the European Commission in Hong Kong and Macao
- Europa Newsletter
This is an interesting newsletter published by the European Documentation Centre.
- Delegation of the European Commission to China
EU-China News (quarterly newsletter), official EU-China documents, EU-China trade statistics, EU-China Economic and development co-operation programmes, EU Support to NGO's working in China, and EC Delegation press releases.
- European Union Calendar of Forthcoming Events
- RAPID - The Spokesman's Service of the European Commission
Database giving a daily view of the activities of the European Union as presented by the Institutions in their press releases. Currently, press releases from the European Commission, Council of Ministers, Court of Justice, Court of Auditors, Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regionsare available.
- Community Research and Development Information Service (CORDIS)
Features the Community of the European Commission based in Luxembourg, which provides access to European Union-funded research projects, databases, Web services, and more.
- The Council of the European Union
Features the Council of the European Union, based in Brussels, Belgium. The council is the legislative body for the European Community, which also coordinates the general economic policies of member states. Highlights the rules of procedure, working methods, the presidency, and the secretariat.
- The European Central Bank
- The European Commission
- European Court of Auditors
Presents the European Court of Auditors, which is responsible for auditing the finances of the European Union. Offers access to reports, opinions, a bibliography, press releases, and correspondence. Explains the audit methodology used by the court.
- European Court of Justice
- European Union Institute for Security Studies
- The European Parliament
- European University Institute, Florence
Statistical Office of the European Communities (Luxembourg)
- JRC: Joint Research Centre
Provide customer-driven scientific and technical support for the conception, development, implementation and monitoring of EU policies. The JRC functions as a reference centre of science and technology for the Union and serves the common interest of the Member States, while being independent of special interests, whether private or national
- Office for Official Publications of the European Communities
Publisher of the EU (Luxembourg)
- UK Office of the European Parliament
- EUR-OP The European Union's Publication Office
- EU Journals (sorted by subjects)
- Agriculture, forestry, fisheries
- Competition and undertakings
- Customs union and trade policy
- Economic and consumer questions
- Employment and labour
- External relations
- Information, education, culture
- Institutional questions
- Laws and procedures
- Regional policy
- Scientific and technical research
- Social questions