The old editions of books/bound journals and selected library materials will be relegated to the closed stacks area with a location label “Storage”. Please refer to the Collection Guide for more details. Eligible library users can submit a physical item request, article request or digitization request via Find@HKUL.
Physical item request
- Physical item request can be placed for a book or bound journal. Requester can choose the pickup location at any HKU Libraries.
- Requester can pick up the requested items within the specified hold period. Otherwise, unclaimed items will be returned to storage or placed on hold for the next requester in the queue.
Article request / Digitization request
- Digitization request can be placed on a book or bound journal for a particular chapter or article.
- The digitized contents will be delivered electronically via email.
- Learn more about copyright in teaching and learning at HKU.
How to make a request?
- Please submit an online request in Find@HKUL to retrieve materials from storage. Please visit the quick guide for more details.
- For reader’s cardholders, please fill in a form at the Lending Services Counter (2/F, Main Library) or service counter of any branch libraries.
|Physical item||Article / Digitization|
|Filled on the same day||Submitted Before 8:30am||Submitted Before 2:00pm|
|Filled on the following working day||Submitted After 8:30am||Submitted After 2:00pm|
|Delivery methods||An email notification will be sent to users
when the requested item is ready for pick-up.
|Delivered electronically via email|