Located on the 2/F of the Main Library, the Lending Services Counter provides borrowing and returns of library items as well as access to library facilities. Circulation services are available until 30 minutes prior to closing.
Borrowing and Returning
- Books on open stacks can be borrowed at the Lending Services Counter or self-check stations by users with valid borrower's cards.
- HKALL and interlibrary loan items can be collected at the Lending Service Counter.
- Items with loan periods of 15 days or more can be returned to any of the HKU Libraries.
- Items borrowed by HKU JULAC cardholders from other UGC-funded libraries can be returned at the Lending Services Counter. Please refer to JULAC card for more details.
- Learn more about borrowing, returning and renewal
Lost and Found
Lost items found in the Main Library will be sent to the Lending Services Counter (2/F, Main Library). You can claim lost property by showing proof of ownership. Unclaimed items will be transferred to the Security Control Centre of the Estates Office on the next working day. Food and drink will be instantly discarded.
In case of you have left your personal belongings in the Library, you may also report loss of personal belongings at the Lending Services Counter.
For enquiries, please contact our Lending Services Counter for assistance at 3917-2202 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lending Services Counter also provides the following services throughout the counter hours.
- Purchase library souvenirs - Cable lock for laptops and tumblers are available for sale
- Top up Octopus cards