- Study Tables
- Single Study Rooms and Research Carrels
- Special Room For Visually Impaired Students
- Group Discussion Room
Study tables are available on each floor for users to conduct their research or studies in a congenial environment. A total of 115 seats (51 seats [including 7 seats in the deep quiet room] in the Study Zone, Level 3, and 64 seats on 4/F) in the Main Library can be reserved online. Please refer to the Booking Policy for details.
Book a Study Table (Level 3 & 4/F)
Book a Study Table in the Deep Quiet Room
Single Study Rooms and Research Carrels
- Research carrels with lockers in the Study Zone of Level 3 and G/F are available for higher degree students enrolled in Master or Doctoral programmes of the University of Hong Kong for study and research inside the Main Library. These may be reserved for semi-monthly basis.
- Application procedure is as follows:
|Process||1st semi-month (1st to 15th)||2nd semi-month (16th to end of month)|
|Online booking||16th to 25th (preceding month)||1st to 11th|
|Notification on ballot result||26th||12th|
|Online confirmation||26th to 29th||12th to 15th|
|Check-in period||3 working days||3 working days|
- A draw will take place to allocate these spaces. Successful applicants will be informed by email. Online confirmation is required before 15th (for 2nd half month booking) and 29th (for 1st half month booking). Students need to check in within the first 3 days of the loan period. Unclaimed carrels or those not checked in will be allocated to students on the waiting list in sequential order.
- For details, please enquire at the Information Counter (Level 3, Main Library).
- Book a Research Carrel
Single study rooms
- There are also single study rooms on 4/F whereby current HKU/SPACE students and staff are eligible to book online for use via the Facilities Booking System.
- 3 sessions are available for booking. Eligible users can reserve these rooms online 1 session in advance. Unclaimed rooms will be released for reservation 60 minutes after a session has started.
- Book a Single Study Room
Special Room For Visually Impaired Students
A Special Room is available on the 2/F of the Main Library for visually-impaired students. Personal computers in this room are equipped with reading aids and scanning facilities, such as Braille display, magnifier, power scanner and Braille embosser. JAWS, a computer screen reader, is also installed as speech synthesizers for English and Chinese language. Please approach the Lending Services Counter (2/F, Main Library) to access this room.
Group Discussion Rooms
19 group discussion rooms are available in the Collaboration Zone of Level 3. These rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, such as interactive whiteboards, webcams, HD camcorders, interactive TV panels. Users can reserve these rooms for a maximum of 2 hours per day. Rooms not checked within the first 15 minutes will be released for booking.