Equipment for loan
The Library provides a wide range of equipment available for loan. Please read the following guidelines carefully before checking out.
- Borrower's account must be in good standing without being blocked by outstanding fines or suspension.
- Headphones, Laptops and Tablets:
- Holders of valid HKU Libraries borrower card
- Headphones (for noise cancelling):
- Current HKU student and staff
Term of Services
- This service is on a "first come first served" basis.
- First-time borrowers are required to read and sign equipment loaning agreement form, which will allow them to borrow the equipment for the current academic year.
- All equipment borrowed must be collected and returned by the borrowers within the due date (30 minutes before the closing of the Libraries).
- Renewals, recalls or reservation service are not available.
- All equipment borrowed must be used only on the University campus for academic and/or educational purpose unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- Booking of equipment from HKU Faculty/Department can be made in advance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities of Borrowers
- Borrowers have to examine the physical conditions of the equipment upon each checkout and Borrowers should report any defects or malfunctions to the duty staff immediately.
- Borrowers should turn off the equipment before returning to the service counter.
- All equipment borrowed must be used and handled with care, breakage may be chargeable.
- Borrowers should ensure safety and security of the equipment. Do not leave the device unattended. Borrowers are fully responsible for taking care of the devices and/or accessories they borrowed and liable for the cost of repair or replacement if there is any damage, loss or theft to the equipment.
- Complying with The University of Hong Kong Statement of Ethics on Computer Use when using the equipment.
Damage or Loss of Equipment
- All equipment overdue for 5 days will be assumed lost. A repair fee will be levied for damaged equipment. The replacement charges for the equipment are subject to the list prices from suppliers.
- A fine of $5 per day will be charged to borrowers for late return with a maximum fine of $25.
- Headphones (for noise cancelling) and other equipment:
- A fine of $500 per day will be charged to borrowers for late return with a maximum fine of $2,500.
Available Equipment Includes
Laptops (MacBook Pro, PC Laptops)