Inter-branch Delivery Services
All library borrowers can request delivery of books between the Main Library and other Branch Libraries using this free service. This service is integrated into Find@HKUL.
|Main Campus||Main Library
Fung Ping Shan Library
|Tin Ka Ping Education Library (8/F, Meng Wah Complex)|
|Lui Che Woo Law Library (1-2/F, Cheng Yu Tung Tower)|
|Music Library (11/F, Run Run Shaw Tower)|
|Prince Philip Dental Hospital||Dental Library|
|Sassoon Road Campus||Yu Chun Keung Medical Library|
Books from HKU Libraries can be delivered to or picked up from the Main Library or other branch libraries. To submit an inter-branch delivery request, click on the “Request this copy” button in the “Get it” tab and select your preferred pick up location.
- All HKU borrowers are eligible to use the inter-branch delivery service.
- Items on short loan (14 days or less) and in-library use materials such as AV materials, best sellers, journals and course reserves materials are excluded.
- Inter-branch delivery requests count towards request quotas and the request will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
- An update of pick up location can only be made if the item has not been processed by library staff.
- Users will receive an email/SMS notification for pick up or cancellation notices. Items are kept on hold for 7 days at the selected pick up library and all unclaimed items will be returned to the owning library.
- Borrowed items with original loan periods of 60 days or more can be returned to any HKU library.
Staff and students who are eligible for Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services are able to collect and return ILL items at the Main Library or any of the branch libraries of their choice listed in the above table.
Please note that the default pick up location for ILL items is Main Library. A pick up notification email/SMS will be sent to the requestor when the requested items arrive at our library. To collect an ILL item at an alternative location, please submit an e-form AFTER the pick-up notification email/SMS has been received.
Borrowers who are eligible for Interlibrary Loan services can use the inter-branch delivery service.
ILL items will be held for collection until the due date printed on date due slip, after which the items will be returned to the lending library.
Selected pick up location cannot be changed once the request is submitted.
This service is only available to Term of Service I (TOS I) / Band G or above staff. It allows faculty members to request hard copy journal articles to be delivered between on and off-campus offices when electronic delivery is unavailable. For instance, a faculty member whose office is in the Main campus can request a photocopy of a journal article residing in the Medical Library/ Dental Library to be delivered to his/her office. On the same token, Medical/Dental faculty members can request a journal article residing in the Main Library be sent to their off-campus offices.
To request for the delivery of a particular journal article, faculty members should fill in the ILLIAD e-form. Each request will cost HK$0.30 per page.