- All borrowed items must be returned on or before the due date. Fines will be imposed for late renewal or late returns.
- Items with loan periods of 15 days or more can be returned to any of the HKU Libraries.
- Short loan items (14 days or less), such as audio-visual items, serials, and course reserve materials, have to be returned to the service point from which they were borrowed.
- Check your circulation record at MyAccount@HKUL after returning items to ensure that all the items you returned have been removed from your library account. Please report any discrepancies to the respective libraries as soon as possible with the following information:
- HKU Portal UID / Library card number
- Title of the concerned item
- When and where you returned the concerned item
How to return library items
You can return items to the libraries in the following ways:
- Service counter at any of the HKU Libraries
- Self-check station
- Book drop and automated book returns
- Postal returns
Book drop and automated book returns
Book drop and automated book returns are located at the following locations:
|Book drop||Automated book returns|
Points to note:
- The following items must be returned to the service point from which they were borrowed:
- All items will be collected every day at opening time and the return date will be adjusted to the previous working day. Please consider returning items to the automated book returns for immediate update of your loan record.
- Please ensure library items are placed into the book drop before leaving.
- Ensure that all library items are returned in good condition. For damaged items, please report and return them to our services counter in person for inspection. The library will not be responsible for damages or loss of materials.
- If the book drop is full or automated book return is temporarily unavailable, please do not force items into the slot or leave outside the slot. Please return the items to any of the HKU Libraries.
If you are unable to return library items in person, items can be returned by post/courier with postage prepaid at:
2/F Lending Services
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
ATTN: Book Returns (Tel: 3917-2202)
Points to note:
- Ensure the items are securely packaged and tracked by the delivery service. The library will not be responsible for damages or loss of materials in transit.
- Items will not be considered as "returned" until they are handled by library staff. Please take into account shipping time for book returns to avoid overdue fines.