Users can renew loans online from "MyAccount@HKUL" on the library homepage.
- What kinds of materials can be renewed?
- Renewal limits
- How to renew items online?
What kinds of materials can be renewed?
Most items can be renewed online except if:
An item is requested or recalled by another user
An HKUL or HKALL item has reached the maximum loan renewal period
An item is on 3-hours loan period
An item has been declared lost and billed for replacement
The borrower whose borrowing privilege has been suspended or terminated
Borrower's account has outstanding charges that exceeds the prescribed limit
Borrower's account has overdue recalled item or more than 5 long overdue items
Users are allowed to renew loans up to the maximum loan period unless a hold or recall has been placed. Once the maximum loan period is reached, the item must be returned in order to be checked-out again.
The maximum loan period for each loan period (HKUL items):
|Loan period||Maximum loan period (with renewal)|
|1 day||6 days|
|2 days||12 days|
|7 days||42 days|
|14 days||84 days|
|60 days||360 days|
|180 days||1080 days|
The maximum loan period for each loan period (HKALL items):
|User Type||Loan period||Maximum loan period
|Honorary staff||15 days||45 days|
|SPACE Non-academic staff and Part-time tutors|
|International College (IC) Students|
|Community College Students|
|Centennial College Students|
|Academic, Professional & Senior, Administrative and Research staff||30 days||90 days|
|SPACE Academic staff|
How to renew items online?
- Access your circulation record from "MyAccount@HKUL” on the library homepage
- HKU Staff and Students: Enter your HKU Portal ID and PIN. (If you do not have a Portal ID and PIN or have forgotten yours, please refer to the Information Technology Services web page).
- Other library users (including SPACE, alumni, Circle of Friends, JULAC users and distance learners in Mainland China): Enter your Library Card Number and PIN ((First time users can create your own library password here. If you have forgotten your PIN, please reset your password or approach Services Counter for help).
- View your record
- “Loans” tab indicates the number of items that have been borrowed.
- Renew your items
- Click “Renew all” or click on the "Loans" tab to display all checked-out items and select the desired item to renew. The new due date is calculated from the date of renewal.
- If there is no option to renew, you may click into the details of loans to see why renewal is not available (e.g. recalled).
- Items renewed
- A message “All loans have been successfully renewed” and a new due date will be displayed if renewal is successful.
- A message "Only some loans have been successfully renewed" will be displayed if not all renewals were successful.
- Sign out
- Click on your full name displayed at the upper right corner and press “Sign out” to exit your circulation record.
Please visit the quick guide for more details.