If a book is not returned by the due date, it is considered overdue and is subject to overdue fines as laid down by the Library Committee in the Library Regulations.
- Overdue notices are sent via email on the 1st, 8th and 22nd day after the due date respectively, after 30 days which the book is deemed lost and the borrower will be subjected to an additional processing fee of $100.
- Books which are overdue for 30 days or more and not returned will be assumed to have been lost by the borrower, who will be charged accordingly. Charges will include the full value of replacement, processing fees and any fines accrued.
- The Library sends a variety of library notices as a courtesy reminder only. Non-receipt of such notices will not be accepted as a reason for waiving or reducing fines.
- The Library sends regular reminders to users with outstanding fines and fees. Access to Library services and resources may be suspended, according to the Library Regulations, if fines and fees are not settled within two months.
- It is the user’s responsibility to return checked out items on time and users are advised to return all items to the Libraries before overseas trips to avoid overdue fines for recalled items.
Access your circulation record from MyAccount@HKUL on Find@HKUL homepage regularly and do not rely on notices; be aware of due dates and recalls. Any queries about your fine records should be raised within one month after the record is generated by the library system.
|Material||Loan period||Fines||Maximum overdue fines|
|Book, Audio-Visual item, etc||3 hours||$5/hour||$100|
|1 day, 2 days & 3 days||$5/day|
|7 & 14 days||$5/day|
|60 & 180 days||$2/day|
|HKALL recalled items||$4/day|
|360 Degree Camera
Headphones (for noise cancelling)
VR Headset Kit
Remark: The maximum fine for a long overdue item (except Laptop, Tablet) would be $200, inclusive of the processing fee of $100 and the maximum overdue fines of $100.
- Octopus Card
- Cheque payable to "The University of Hong Kong"
- Mobile Payment (launched in Main Library)