Policy & Guidelines
Use of library resources & services
- University Libraries Website Copyright & Disclaimer
- Library databases
- Copying of copyrighted materials
- Performing, playing or showing of copyright works
- Under the Hong Kong Copyright Ordinance (Cap. 528 s. 43),performing, playing or showing copyright works is allowed if it is before an audience consisting wholly or mainly of teachers and pupils at an educational establishment, parents or guardians of pupils at the establishment, and other persons directly connected with the activities of the establishment for the purposes of giving or receiving instruction. The performing, playing or showing of a sound recording, film, broadcast or cable programme in public or for other purposes may require further licensing and permission from the copyright owner or licensing bodies to avoid copyright infringement. Consult the Copyright Licensing Bodies Registry maintained by the Hong Kong Intellectual Property Department.
- Interlibrary loans & document delivery
HKU Intellectual Property Rights Policy (Research Services, HKU)
This Policy, approved by the Council in 2011, sets out the University’s policy on IPR for works produced at the University by staff, students and visitors of HKU. See section 5 for copyright in relation to various categories of works.
Use of computers & IT services at the University
- The University of Hong Kong Statement of Ethics on Computer Use
- Conditions on Computer Usage
- Regulations Governing the Use of Central Computer Services
- Microcomputer Usage Regulations
- Campus Network Acceptable Use Policy
- HARNET (Hong Kong Academic and Research Network) Acceptable Use Policy
Please send comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.