Most items can be renewed online except if they are:
- Requested by another user
- 2-hour loan items
- Renewed more than 14 days before the due date
- Renewed more than 5 times
- HKALL items renewed more than 2 times
How to renew items online?
- Access your circulation record from MyAccount@HKUL on the Library homepage
- Select “View your circulation record”
- HKU Staff and Students: Enter your HKU Portal ID and PIN. (If you do not have a Portal ID and PIN or have forgotten yours, please refer to the Information Technology Services web page).
- Other library users (including SPACE, alumni, Circle of Friends, distance learners in Mainland China and JULAC users): Enter your Library Card Number and PIN (First time users can set up a PIN here. The PIN can range from 5 to 15 digits or letters. If you have forgotten your PIN, please go to the Enquiries Counter on 2/F Main Library. Our staff will clear your old PIN so you can set up a new one).
- View your record
- “Current loans” indicates the number of items that have been borrowed. Click on the hyperlink to display these items
- Renew your items
- Click “Renew all” or select items to renew and click “Renew selected items”
- Items renewed
- A new due date will be displayed if renewal is successful
- Click on Logout to exit your circulation record