Conditions Governing Photo Taking in The University of Hong Kong Libraries
- Application should be made by completing the Application to Take Photographs in The University of Hong Kong Libraries (HKUL). The application form should reach the Public Relations and Development Office, 5/F Main Library, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, no less than five working days in advance of the of the proposed date
To: Public Relations and Development Office, 5/F Main Library, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Email: email@example.com; Tel: 2859 8903; Fax: 2858 9420
電郵: firstname.lastname@example.org; 電話: 2859 8903; 傳真: 2858 9420
- The applicant shall adhere to the Library’s Policies <http://lib.hku.hk/general/policy.html>
- Disturbance or noise should be kept to an absolute minimum
- Lighting and flash are prohibited
- Approval of the application will be at the discretion of the Librarian (or his nominee)
- The applicant shall restrict the use of the facility for the purpose stated in the application form during the permitted period of use and take all necessary precautions to ensure that such exhibitions will not cause any danger of personal injury or damage to any property, Library users or Library staff
- The applicant shall follow the directions and instructions of Library staff
- The applicant shall not, without the prior approval, erect any fixtures or fittings or make any alterations to any fittings in the Library
- The applicant shall upon leaving the Library, or upon the expiry of the permitted period of use, as the case may be:
- Remove at its own cost all of its equipment, fittings and fixture from the Library; and
- Deliver up the facility in a clean, hygienic and tidy condition to the satisfaction of Library staff
- If the applicant fails to observe any of the conditions set out herewith, the Library shall be entitled to withdraw the Application to Take Photographs in The University of Hong Kong Libraries without giving any prior notice and without incurring any liability to pay the applicant any direct or indirect damages.
- The applicant shall fully indemnify HKUL against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs, charges, expenses, liabilities, demands, proceedings and actions which HKUL may sustain or incur or which may be established against it by any person and which in any case arise out of:
- the applicant’s negligence, recklessness or wilful misconduct;
- the applicant’s breach of any conditions set out herein; or
- any of the applicant’s unauthorised act or omission
- The applicant cannot take photographs of a Library user or Library staff directly without prior consent from the Library user or Library staff.
- The applicant cannot take photographs of Library user’s work or Library staff’s work directly without prior consent from the Library user or Library staff.
- The applicant should duly acknowledge the assistance of the HKUL in the programme and send two copies of the programme to the Public Relations and Development Office of HKUL as soon as available. The programme will be added to our Hong Kong Collection. Failure to comply with this section may result in future applications being declined.
- The programme might be digitised by the HKUL for library use.
NOTE: Please consider using the photos located in http://lib.hku.hk/photo_gallery/