Jan 03 2022
Notes for using the Battery Charging Station
Available cables and recommended mobile devices:
|Cable# (type)||Maximum Power||Recommended Mobile Devices||Supported
Fast Charging Protocols
|1 (Type-C)||60 watts||Notebook||PD3.0 / QC3.0|
|2 (Type-C)||25 watts||Smart phone / Tablet||PD3.0 / QC4.0+|
|3 (Type-C)||18 watts||Smart phone / Tablet||PD3.0 / QC3.0 / FCP / AFC / PE|
|4 & 5 (Lightning)||18 watts||iPhone / iPad||QC3.0 / FCP / AFC / PE|
|6 (Type-C)||35 watts||Notebook / Smart phone / Tablet||PD3.0 / SFC|
|7 (Micro-B)||15 watts||Smart phone||AFC|
QC3.0 / QC4.0+ : Qualcomm’s Quick Charge
PD3.0 : USB Power Delivery
SFC and AFC : Samsung’s Super-Fast Charging and Adaptive Fast Charging
FCP : Huawei’s Fast Charging Protocol
PE : MediaTek’s Pump Express
- For your safety, do not use your mobile device while it is charging.
- Only connect original or safety-certified charging products.
- Please use the charging station up to 30 minutes only if another user is waiting.
- If your mobile device is unusual hot during charging, please stop charging to protect your mobile device.
- Charging up to 80% full is recommended.
- Battery charging monitoring App (e.g. AccuBattery, Charge Meter) can be used to monitor the charging status like the input current, voltage & charging speed.
- Take care of your personal belongings while you are using this service
Users should bear all risks and responsibilities for any damages to mobile devices, own belongings; and incidents arising from the use of the charging service. The University Libraries of HKU does not and will not assume any liability with respect to the use of this charging service.
Comments Off on Mobile Charging Station at the Main Library