Tin Ka Ping Education Library
- Computer Workstations
- Discussion Rooms
- Photocopying, Printing and Scanning
- Roof Garden
- Wireless Environment
The Tin Ka Ping Education Library offers an iMac (Computer 1), a PC (Computer 2), and a virtual PC with internet connection and software applications in support of study and research.
- See common software list for Communal VPC
- 7-Zip - Computer 2
- EndNote 20 - Computer nos. 1 - 2
- Microsoft Office - Computer nos. 1 - 2
- Nvivo 12 - Computer 2
- SPSS - Computer nos. 1 - 2
- VLC Media Player - Computer 2
- Zoom - Computer 1
The discussion rooms operate in a self-service model for small group discussions, presentation or demonstrations. The LES team manages the learning space and offers technical support.
- Reservation can be made online via Book-A-Space one day in advance and check in on-site is required.
- Free access to all discussion rooms is enabled at all times and patrons MUST NOT leave their personal belongings unattended.
Photocopying, Printing and Scanning
Three self-service photocopiers and printers are available in the Library and are operated on a quota-based system, uPrint. To purchase or top up the printing units, HKU Staff or students may use the uPrint App. The minimum cost is HK$3 for 10 units. One of the printer has turned on the scanning function. By setting on the device, the scanner document will send to your inputted email address.
- See how to print to a network printer from public access workstations
- See how to use WiFi printing (HKU Staff/students only)
- See how to make copies
The roof garden is an open air garden space promoting informal exchanges, impromptu meetings, meditation, and relaxation. It opens from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
The entire Library is covered by wireless hotspots facilitating patrons in accessing the Internet with their own wireless devices. Click here for configuration procedures.