Applications are invited for the following posts:
Library Executive Trainee (at the rank of Library Assistant) in the University Libraries (Ref.: 515048) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis, with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
The University of Hong Kong Libraries (HKUL) is the oldest and yet a very innovative academic library in Hong Kong. With the largest collections and most comprehensive services among local academic libraries, HKUL offers aspiring library leaders a most desirable training ground. We are looking for high-potential candidates with passion to develop a professional career in the University Libraries.
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree, fluency in spoken Cantonese and English. Those with some of the following attributes have advantages:
- interest in developing a career in the libraries;
- university graduates in the past five years or student graduating in 2022 in any discipline;
- professional qualifications in Library and Information Management, Computer Science, or Data Scienceand experience in user instruction or research (an asset but not a must);
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- high proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese (preferred);
- outstanding skills in troubleshooting, time management and project management;
- strong service mentality, self motivation and team spirit; and
- an agile and innovative mindset.
HKUL will provide comprehensive on-the-job training with job rotation across the core library divisions for the appointees to acquire essential knowledge and skills to build a solid career at University Libraries, as well as to gain practical experience in different work environments. They will participate in library projects and contribute new ideas to improve current operations or plan new initiatives. Information about the University Libraries can be obtained at https://lib.hku.hk/.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above posts. Applicants should apply online at the University’s careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Please indicate clearly in the form the post applied for, as well as the reference number. Closes June 30, 2022.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency