16 – 31 August 2012
1. 箍牙可救60%「倒及牙」免捱手術 [文匯報] 2012-08-31 A21 香港新聞
2. 牙醫籲兒童7歲前作首次評估「倒及牙」易致「鞋抽面」 [am730] 2012-08-31 A44 健康 矯齒
3. 港口腔健康 全球排前列 [東方日報] 2012-08-31 A12 港聞
4. 遲學刷牙四成幼園生蛀牙 家長忽視 嚴重致細菌入血亡 [蘋果日報] 2012-08-30 A16 健康與醫療
5. 夠牙力 人健康 [新報] 2012-08-29 C07 7日鮮之精彩人生 健魄延年 凱兒
6. 牙齒不齊 何時箍牙?7-10歲 [明報] 2012-08-29 E07 Happy PaMa 育兒百科姚樂兒
7. 早治哨牙療效更佳 [星島日報] 2012-08-28 E08 健康港 醫護良言 Chris
8. 女童拔牙流鼻血1小時 牙醫遭投訴4專業失當 [明報] 2012-08-23 A14 港聞
9. 23歲女子逾十年沒刷牙 港人口腔衛生情況差 [am730] 2012-08-23 A30 健康
10. 近五成市民自評口腔健康差 [蘋果日報] 2012-08-23 A16 健康與醫療
11. 四成人刷牙少於兩分鐘 [星島日報] 2012-08-23 A24 港聞
12. 刷牙馬虎可致嚴重健康問題 [成報] 2012-08-23 D05 醫健
13. 醫療新知：不習慣刷牙易腦退化 [蘋果日報] 2012-08-22 A16 健康與醫療
14. 刷牙新方法 一味靠o趙 [東方日報] 2012-08-21 A11 港聞 潮流創意
15. 牙齒會議討論中醫治牙患 [蘋果日報] 2012-08-21 A15 健康與醫療
ScienceDirect, Scopus, Hub, Applications, SciVal, and Journals Consult are expected to be offline and unavailable for approximately 19 hours beginning Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM until Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM for scheduled maintenance for a new release. We apologize for the inconvenience.
1. Monthly Meeting Corner –“Dental cracks: endodontic and restorative challenge” by Prof. Gary S.P. Cheung.
2. APDC Corner – “The 34th Asia Pacific Dental Congress, 14-18 June 2012 Taipei, Taiwan” by Dr. Law Sai Kit, Frank.
Join a HKU Freshmen Library Orientation and have the chance to win a coffee coupon or other gifts.
Register online to secure a place:
The orientation offers you the overview of the library collections, services and facilities in support of your learning and research. What’s more, by participating in one of our orientations, you may have the chance to win a coffee coupon or other gifts.
You are encouraged to attend the session offered by your Faculty Librarian. If you are not able to attend your Faculty-specific session, you are most welcome to join any other sessions.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our orientations!
Applied Research in Quality of Life (ARQOL) presents conceptual, methodological and empirical papers dealing with quality-of-life studies in the applied areas of the natural and social sciences. It aims to publish papers that have direct implications for, or impact on practical applications of research on the quality of life. The articles are crafted from interdisciplinary, inter-professional and international perspectives. ARQOL guides decision making in a variety of professions, industries, nonprofit, and government sectors, including healthcare, travel and tourism, marketing, corporate management, community planning, social work, public administration, and human resource management. It helps decision makers apply performance measures and outcome assessment techniques based on such concepts as well-being, human satisfaction, human development, happiness, wellness and quality-of-life.
Impact Factor: 0.744
Read most downloaded articles:
You may click here to view the most downloaded articles which are downloaded live and in real-time from Applied Research in Quality of Life (ARQOL).
HKUL users can continue to access the journal via http://library.hku.hk/record=b4146854
1–15 August 2012
1. 潔面乳牙膏含三氯沙或損心臟 [文匯報] 2012-08-15 A15 國際新聞
2. 油拔法救了大牙 [爽報 – 香港版] 2012-08-08 V22 健康 嚴選偏方 嚴浩
3. 工作忙馬虎刷 逾90%成人牙周病 [文匯報] 2012-08-08 A18 香港新聞
4. 家長望增中學牙科保健 [成報] 2012-08-08 D05 醫健
Foundation Grants to Individuals Online is the premier funding research tool for finding foundations that provide financial support for individual grantseekers. It describes giving for a variety of purposes, including scholarships, student loans, fellowships, program development, internships, professorships, arts and cultural projects, research, awards/grants by nomination only and general welfare. It is intended to be both a grantseeker’s guide and a reference tool for those interested in foundation giving to individuals.
Here is a quick introduction to finding funders with Foundation Grants to Individuals Online
HKUL users can access via http://library.hku.hk/record=b4651224
Each month Policy Press offers a free topical article available from each of their four journals. The articles free for the month of August are:
1. Welcome relief or indecent subsidy? The implications of wage top-up scheme – Policy & Politics (July 2012)
HKUL users can continue to access Policy & Politics.
2. What do we know and how well do we know it? Identifying practice-based insights in education – Evidence & Policy (May 2012)
HKUL users can continue to access Evidence & Policy.
3. Beyond CV building: the communal benefits of student volunteering – Voluntary Sector Review (July 2012)
4. What is commitment? Women’s accounts of intimate attachment – Families, Relationships & Societies (June 2012)
5. Serving the public or delivering public services? Religion and social welfare in the new British social policy landscape – Journal of Poverty & Social Justice (February 2012)
HKUL users can continue to access Journal of Poverty & Social Justice.
You can also read and comment on this article on the blog of Policy Press:
After the Olympics frenzy, will London’s East End return to its former poverty? – Poverty and Inequality (August 3, 2012)
[Source: The Policy Press]